The principal purpose of the Friends of the Library is to raise added funds for the Jefferson-Madison Regional Library so that:
- children and adults at all branches may enjoy programs to enrich their learning
- the various collections of the library system may be enhanced
- library branches may receive donations and funding assistance in emergencies
Proceeds from our Spring and Fall Book Sales benefit the Library’s programs and special projects.
FALL 2022 BOOK SALE: Saturday Oct 15 - Sunday Oct 23
300 Albemarle Square Shopping Center
10am - 7pm each day
Scanners are not permitted 10am - 1pm on the first day Oct 15
Member's Preview Friday Oct 14, 5-7pm
- The limit is now $75 per member, up from $50.
- Family membership covers 2 members, for a total of $150.
- Books on the "Valuable and Attractive" list will not be available for purchase on Members Preview night.
- Scanners are not permitted at Members Preview
Great Books, at Great Prices, for a Great Cause
The Friends now manage the Books Behind Bars program. Volunteers find and ship books to Virginia inmates at no cost to the inmates. Expenses are paid through private benefactors and Red Light Management. Financial and book donations to this effort can be sent to the Friends. Donate online today! Be sure to put Books Behind Bars in the Designation box, so we know what your donation is intended to support.