The Friends of the Jefferson-Madison Library is a 501c(3) organization. Donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
We are now accepting donations again!
Mondays through Saturdays from 10-4
Only at the Gordon Avenue branch, 1500 Gordon Avenue in Charlottesville. Other JMRL branches are unable to accept donations at this time.
Donations must now be brought to the gray trailer in the parking lot. The library building is not open for donations.
For safe handling during the pandemic, please bring your donations in boxes or bags. If unable to deliver donations, arrangements may sometimes be made for pick-up. Call 434.977.8467 or email email@example.com
What we accept:
- books on all subjects, of all ages, for all ages, in a condition that will sell
- DVDs, CDs, LPs, puzzles, games, sheet music and ephemera
What we DO NOT accept:
Encyclopedias, audio or video tapes, or magazines
Books that are in a poor or bad condition, i.e. having one or more of the following:
- broken spine; missing pages or covers
- water, food or other stains; mildew; rot; excessively yellowed pages
- crudely, heavily or excessively annotated, highlighted, underlined or otherwise marked
Please note that donations that we cannot use are disposed of in one of the following ways:
- given to another worthy cause: e.g. schools, institutions, self-help groups, etc;
- made available to the public through the library branches’ free paper-back book boxes
- ecologically recycled