The Friends of the Jefferson-Madison Library is a 501c(3) organization. Donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
Book sale donations have now resumed
Book donations will be accepted at the Gordon Avenue branch, lower level lobby entrance during Gordon Avenue branch operating hours:
Monday: 9:00 - 9:00
Tuesday: 9:00 - 6:00
Wednesday: 12:00 - 9:00
Thursday: 10:00 - 6:00
Friday: 10:00 - 5:00
Saturday: 10:00 - 5:00
JMRL branches (other than Central) are also receiving donations. In Charlottesville please bring your donations only to Gordon Avenue. Other JMRL branch hours may differ from Gordon Avenue. See jmrl.org for branch locations and hours.
How to Donate:
We appreciate your delivering donations in boxes, bags, or other containers. Small moving boxes (16 x 12 x 12) or bankers's boxes are best for us. If you do not have a container then please stack them on the large table to the left in the lower level lobby of the Gordon Avenue branch, or on the small table and shelf to the right.
Large donations should be brought to the Gordon Avenue Library. Smaller donations (of 3 or less boxes or bags) to any branch of the Jefferson-Madison Regional Library.
If unable to deliver donations, arrangements may sometimes be made for pick-up. Call 434.977.8467 or email email@example.com
What we accept:
- books on all subjects, of all ages, for all ages, in a condition that will sell
- DVDs, CDs, LPs, puzzles, games, sheet music and ephemera
What we DO NOT accept:
No School or Public Library Discards!
Encyclopedias, audio or video tapes, or magazines
Books that are in a poor or bad condition, i.e. having one or more of the following:
- broken spine; missing pages or covers
- water, food or other stains; mildew; rot; excessively yellowed pages
- crudely, heavily or excessively annotated, highlighted, underlined or otherwise marked
Please note that book donations that we cannot use are disposed of in one of the following ways:
- given to another worthy cause: e.g. schools, institutions, self-help groups, etc;
- made available to the public through the library branches’ free paper-back book boxes
- ecologically recycled